Some of you know that one of my hobbies is trying to discover new music that doesn’t get heard on the radio. I really enjoy sharing new music finds with others, some of the best music isn’t what you hear getting played on radio stations today. For that reason, I’ve put together a list of some of the songs I’ll be listening to this summer, as well as a link so you can hear it for yourself.
I’ve tried to divide this list up into three sections – Praise and Worship, Alternative, and Hip-Hop. There should be something for everyone. This by no means is an extensive list, and I tried not to repeat the same artist more than once (for those that are consider them my favorites). It is safe to assume that if I’ve put them on this list, I’d recommend buying the entire album.
In no particular order, here are the songs I’ll be listening to this summer:
Praise and Worship
- Ascend the Hill – How Great Thou Art
Whenever this song goes into the final verse I am tempted to put my hands up and sing at the top of my lungs.
- Kings Kaleidoscope – Come Thou Fount
- The Sing Team – Satisfied in You
- Jimmy Needham – Great Is Thy Faithfulness
- Young Oceans – I Will Be Still
- Ascend the Hill – Power in the Name
- Will Reagan and the United Pursuit Band – Break Every Chain
- The Vespers – Better Now
- Least of These – Filthy Man
- The Modern Post – Grace Alone
- Loud Harp – Hold Me Together
- Kelley McRae – Brighter Than the Blues
- Judah and the Lion – Sweet Tennessee
Basically a clean version of Mumford and Sons. The below isn’t the same song, but you get a taste of them never the less.
- Jimmy Needham – Stay
One of the prettiest songs I’ve ever heard.
- The Gray Havens – Train Station
Love the message on this one.
- Ghost Ship – Poison Tree
- Citizens – Oh God
- The Autumn Film – Enough
- Amp – People’s Song
Just about everything by these guys is super fun.
- Andy Mineo – The Saints
- Beautiful Eulogy – Anchor/Beautiful Eulogy/Entitlement…everything
Seriously…if you don’t have every Beautiful Eulogy song out there…you’re way behind.
- W.L.A.K – Abny
- Shai Linne – Election
- Trip Lee – One Sixteen (Remix)
Great verses by all the artists featured on this remix.
- Rhema Soul – Off The Edge
- Reconcile ft. Corey Paul and Canon – Ride
- KB – Zone Out (Amped Remix)
If you haven’t heard the original Amped album by the 116 guys from 2006, you really need to.
- Timothy Brindle ft. Beautiful Eulogy – Restore My Vision
- Jordan Lara – Strength in Weakness
This guy walks a fine line of rapping scripture from Paul’s perspective. The result is really good.
- Trip Lee – No Worries (Beatles Remix)
DJ Offical did a remix album last year, with 4 or 5 Trip Lee songs remixed to The Beatles. They’re all fantastic.
- Derek Minor – Get Buck
One of my favorite hype songs.
- K-Drama – Get Your Weight Up Remix
Need a song to get you motivated to work out this summer? Here it is.
- Beautiful Eulogy/Theory Hazit – King Kulture
- Trip Lee ft. Jimmy Needham – Take Me There